Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lemon Lime Coke

I love an Asian beverage - salted plum drink. But, I never understood how putting salt in sweet drinks could possibly make the drink taste good.

A few days ago, I had to finish some flat Coke left in a bottle to make room in the fridge. To make this chore more enjoyable, I added some lime slices and ice cubes to make a drink, but it still tasted flat and rusty. Suddenly, I remembered my beloved "salted plum drink", and wondered if it will work with Coke. I couldn't make this glass of drink taste any worse anyways. So, I went ahead and sprinkled some salt into the drink, stirred it around and took a sip. OMG! It tasted great! Somehow the salt smoothed out the rusty flat Coke. I still don't understand why, but it works and I love it!

So, here are the steps of making this drink. Hope you like it too!

1. put in a few slices of lemon and lime. (or just lemon or just lime)
2. mush the pulp well in the glass first before adding ice cubes, and then pour in Coke last.

3. now add a tiny pinch of salt, then stir and serve!


Cheers!

No comments: