Monday, January 28, 2008

de facto

De facto is a Latin expression that means "in fact" or "in practice" but not spelled out by law.

Tomorrow morning is our interview with the Australian immigration to declare "de facto". We prepared stacks of documents. There are our (1) application forms, (2) shared lease contracts, (3) shared bank statements, (4) telephone, hydro, internet bills with both of our names on it, (5) synchronized travel itineraries (6) statements from the moms. (7) 60+ pictures taken in the last two years. I hope everything will go through smoothly ~

So far, I liked all the expressions that are Latin or Franch, like "fiancé", "reséme", and even "ad libitum". They sound so much more romantic and classy than "common-law", "CV", and "free-feeding". I still remember the first time I heard "common-law", I was so confused... law? what law? I hope you are not in trouble...

No comments: