Wednesday, January 23, 2008

cat litter fight

This evening was the night we have long waited for, the Petwise store-wide 20% off sale night!! reference: http://www.petwise.com.au/

The sale was only on for 2 hours, 6-8pm. We got there by 6:30pm. The store was literally flooded with people. The line-ups for check-out starting at the front door snakes across almost the entire store.

The main target - Breeder's Choice Cat Litter! This cat litter is made out of recycled news-paper, biodegradable, strong odor absorption, and easy to clean up! It's usually 35$ at retails, but only $21 at this store. After 20% off, it's only around $18!!

Quickly, I located the stack of BC piling on the floor. Two ladies were there each took 2 bags. I passed a bag to Scott and grabbed one myself. They are heavy, 13kg each bag. Another lady came up and piled 3 bags on her shopping trolley in a blink of an eye. I thought that we might not have a ride to pick up heavy stuff like this any soon, so we should plan ahead (or now!). So I kicked another bag to the side and sat on it. Total 3 bags now. Scott now went off to find a shopping trolley.

By the time, Scott came back with a trolley. The pile of BC from half of my height had gone down to 1 single layer on the floor. A family came and trucked away at least 12 bags at once! We piled the 3 bags we got on our cart, and went off to shop for kitten food.

10min later, I thought again, at 20% discount, it is really a damn great deal. I shall return and grab another bag. I turned around the corner and notice there was only one bag left on the floor! I rushed towards it, but a fat lady cut in front of me! We got to it almost at the same time, and stared at each other for 2 seconds. She opened her mouth and was ready to say/shout/cry out loud for something, but I cut in front of her this time.... I said, "you can have it, I got 3 already"...... oh, I felt like such a Saint for doing that.... but, damn, I missed out!

Later, when we were ready to check out, the God of instant karma showed up! John, Cecile's boyfriend, decided that he didn't want his bag of BC anymore, and let me have it!! Moreover, at the till, the price turned to be merely $14.90 each bag!! even cheaper than I thought! 賺到啦~~~~!!!! (happy jump jump jump!!!)

PS. Thanks for a ride from Cecile and John! There is no way we could have carried all the cat litter back home on buses! xox~

2 comments:

Destini said...

This whole story illustrates why we love you...

Your love of a good deal (as do we)...

Your chinese woman - ness about fighting to the death for it (we definitely appreciate this!)...

And your benevolence...

Anonymous said...

If only you could have seen the absolute joy sparkling in her eyes when she realized that the kitty litter was even cheaper than expected. It was awesome, made me so happy to be there and experience it with her.