Thursday, January 24, 2008

meal plan

[period of obsession] 2 hours
[research goal] create a weekly meal plan for Misty

I put together this meal plan ...

(bear with the picture, can't create "table" on Blogger like in Words...)

I will make Mix A and B once a month, and freeze into proper feeling size using ice cube tray. So, we just need to defrost 1 cube prior to each meal.

Chicken neck will be cut into 5cm sections and kept frozen, too.

Cottage cheese and liver treat are optional treats for training and such.

By varying Misty's diet in such a wide range, we hope Misty will stay as a more adventurous eater. I despise fussy eaters of all kind.... I hope Misty won't turn into one!

2 comments:

Destini said...

I dunno if it is the case with cats as it is with dogs, but it is a good idea to keep the diet the same as a change in diet really upsets their tummy.

Shianne C said...

We don't want setup tummy. Luckily, Misty's breeder has raised her on similar diet (different variety of raw meat). So, hopefully, she will be good and ok with the mix I make.

Another vet friend also made a few suggestions like, don't feed her cheese because it is too fat for cats, and make sure she still eats enough dry food because you never know what is missing in your homemade diet.

Seriously, this cat is going to eat even better than me!